Ready to take your blog or business to a whole other level?
Then Instagram Marketing could be the next step for you!
This guide provides a step-by-step walkthrough for setting up an Instagram Business Account in addition to converting your Personal Account to the former.
You’ll learn why you should be on Instagram in addition to the benefits of having a Business Account. We’ll even talk about how to complete the ideal Instagram Business Profile!
Upgrade your Social Media Marketing Strategy by reading on.
So, you’re already active on Pinterest and you’ve dabbled in Twitter.
Is Instagram similar to these platforms? Does it work for business? How can it help me grow? These are a few of the questions I constantly get asked by other bloggers and business owners!
Why you should be using Instagram
First off, let’s talk analytics*:
- there are 1 billion active users on Instagram, 500 million of which say they are active on Instagram at least once a day
- 25 million other businesses around the world have already setup an Instagram account for their brand or franchise
- 2 million advertisers around the world use Instagram Stories alone for their businesses
- 1 of 3 of the most viewed Instagram Stories are produced by business accounts
- Instagram is the second most engaged social media network after Facebook
- 83% of Instagram users say that they discover new products and services while using this social media platform
- 50% of Instagram users follow at least one business
- Over 200 million Instagram users say that they visit at least one business profile a day
- 80% of Instagram users say this platform helps them make purchasing decisions
*Visit Oberlo for more Instagram statistics.
Why You Need Instagram For Business
Instagram is a visual platform and as such, thoughtfully created and unique content including photos, videos, and graphics do well on this form of social media.
When you signup for an Instagram Business account, you’ll get access to:
A native analytics tool that provides data on your follower demographics, behaviours, and content performance.
Purchase ad space according to location, demographics, interests, or behaviours to expand your business or brand’s reach.
A button in the middle of your profile page that makes it as easy as one click for potential clients and customers to get in touch with you.
Swipe Up Feature On Instagram Stories
Include links to your business website or portfolio in each of your Instagram story slides.
Signing Up For A New Instagram Account
- Download the Instagram App
- Create An Instagram Account
- Choose A Username & Password
- Find Accounts To Follow
- Upload A Profile Photo
Switching To An Instagram Business Account
- Create A Facebook Business Page If You Haven’t Already
- Click Edit Profile
- Click Try Instagram Business Tools
- Connect Your Facebook Business Page By Clicking Next
- If You Skip Connecting Your Facebook Page, You’ll Be Asked To Choose A Category
- Review Your Contact Info
- Click Done
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
Now, let’s talk about the ideal Business Profile.
Completing Your Instagram Business Profile
The first thing we’ll want to do is fill out your bio and submit the contact information you’d like to display publicly (you can choose whether or not you’ll like to list an email, phone number, and/or your business address, if you have a storefront or work out of an office, for instance).
Since your Instagram bio is limited to 150 characters, try to keep your description to the point while also making it memorable.
Feel free to get cute if you’re a blogger but make sure you also mention what it is you write about.
If you have a shop or other service-based business, be sure to mention what it is you offer. You want your clientele to be able to learn all they need to know here and be intrigued enough to visit your website.
If you don’t have a business website or blog yet, click here to follow my easy six-step tutorial and get setup with one in less than 20 minutes.
Now, let’s start uploading some content!
Posting Your First Piece of Content
To post your first photo or video to your new Instagram account, click the Plus Sign Button at the bottom middle of your mobile device’s screen.
From here, Instagram will ask for access to your phone or tablet’s gallery.
Choose a great photo or video to start your new Business Account with a bang and don’t forget to introduce yourself and your brand from the get go.
Bonus: Start using Hashtags like a Pro by following my guide on this subject. Hashtags are a huge part of any successful Instagram strategy and you are permitted to use up to 30 of them per post.
How To Be Visible On Instagram
Like Pinterest and Twitter, you can make yourself more discoverable in a number of ways. Try the following:
- Using Hashtags
- Tagging A Location
- Tagging Other Brands & Feature Accounts
- Cross-Promoting On Other Social Media Platforms – you have the option to share every Instagram Post on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr at the time you share it here
Which social media platforms do you use for your business? What type of business do you manage? Would love to hear from you in the comments below!
First time visiting Thanks so much for stopping by! You might enjoy these posts about Instagram as well:
- 10 Ways To Get More Views On Instagram
- How to Maintain a White & Bright Instagram Feed
- Instagram Line Breaks Without A Generator: The 2019 Guide
- 6 Super Easy & Effective Ways to Get More Instagram Story Views
- 11 Instagram Photography Essentials You Can Get on Amazon
- How To Take Amazing Photos For Instagram
- Editing Photos For Instagram With Lightroom CC From Your Phone
- 30 Blogging & Social Media Tasks You Can Accomplish In 30 Minutes
- Creating Instagram Highlight Covers With Canva On Your Phone