There is something so magical about two people making a vow to one another. This list of wedding blog post ideas was created with wedding planners and the bride-to-be in mind and includes topics in:
- DIY ideas
- Planning ideas
- Bridgal showers
100 Best Wedding Blog Post Ideas (2021 Guide)
Whether you’re an industry professional or have been planning the wedding of your dreams since you were a little girl, I hope this guide to wedding content will leave you feeling inspired!
I know I’m feeling a little nostalgic writing this one!
Let’s start with a few ideas just for event planners before we cover bride-to-be-specific content.
Wedding Planner Content Ideas
The following wedding blog post ideas were written with event planners in mind however, a bride-to-be or newlywed bride could also cover these topics.
Stick to ideas you feel you have expertise in for best results.
- Reasons to hire a wedding planner
- A recap of favorite weddings you’ve helped plan
- How to plan an event menu
- How to create an event hashtag
- Tips for planning a memorable day
- How to narrow down your guest list
- Create a post about cultural traditions you’re familiar with
- Classic songs to add to your event day playlist
- Things to consider when hiring a live band/DJ/entertainment
- First dance song ideas
- Tour one of your favorite venues
- Midnight buffet ideas
- Tips for saving money on your big day
- Bridal makeup tips
- Bridal hair ideas
- Things to consider when
- Unique favor ideas
- Creative seating chart ideas
- Stunning cakes for different budgets
- Speech and toast ideas
- Bouquet ideas
- Creative signage to purchase or make at home
- Fun slideshow examples
- To choreograph or not to choreograph – pros and cons
- Guest book ideas
- Stunning dresses that never go out of style
- Trending dress styles
- Bridal party get together ideas
- Bridal party responsibilities
- How to determine expenses (who traditionally covers which ones)
- How to talk to bridal party members about expectations
- Stagette/stag ideas
- Fun flower girl looks
- Bridal shower ideas and examples
- Fun bridal shower games
- Rehearsal dinner examples
- Spring event examples
- How to plan a summer wedding
- Fall wedding inspiration
- How to plan a winter event
- Top 10 event venues in your area
- Barnyard/backyard/beach wedding examples
- Modern event themes
- Vintage event inspiration
- Bridal shoes ideas
- How to choose a color palette
- How to write your own vows
- A guide to ceremony music
- Tips for a Catholic/Christina/Jewish or other traditional ceremony
- Invitation inspirational and examples
- Deciding whether or not your event will be kid-friendly
- How to cope with bridesmaid-zillas (true story!)
- How to avoid acting like a bridezilla
- Tips for stress-free event planning
- Gift opening party ideas
- Registry must-haves
- Things to skip on your registry
- Local bridal shops brides-to-be should visit
- Cute hairstyles for bridesmaids
- Dresses your bridesmaids won’t hate
- How to come up with a signature drink
- Bar ideas and expenses: open bar, partially open bar, or paid
- Pros and cons of various local venues
- Ensuring guests get home safely
- Ice sculpture and other decor ideas
- Amazing local photographers
- Engagement photo ideas
- A list of photos you need to take
- How much time should you leave between ceremony and party
- How to create an amazing atmosphere for guests that dance all night long
More blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers and business owners:
- 231 Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers
- 170 Fun Summer Blog Post Ideas for All Niches
- 114 Swoon-Worthy Valentine’s Day Blog Post Ideas
Wedding Printables You Can Offer
You may want to offer a few freebies on your website to attract prospective clients and readers.
Consider the following fun ideas:
- Bridal shower checklist
- Registry checklist
- Table number printables
- Decor checklist
- Menu printable
- Program printable
- Guestlist template
- Seating chart template
- Song list template
- Custom printable signs
- Bridal shower games
- Event day games
- Invitation printable
- Social media graphics
- Planning checklist
- Binder printables
- Outfit checklist
- Event day checklist
- Photography checklist
- Engagement photo checklist
- Budgeting template
- Things to do after your engaged checklist
- Printable vows template
- Toast template
- Guest book printable
Wedding Social Media Post Ideas
If you’ll be sharing photos from your own event, this should be easy peasy after your photographer hands over the photos.
Here are some ideas for event planners:
- Post a photographer/couples’ event photos with permission
- Create an Instagram reel tutorial for a DIY decoration
- Do a before and after decorating a venue post
- Share behind the scenes photos of you at work
- Create a post to introduce yourself and/or your team
- Create an Instagram reel that shares event planning tips
- Share an Instagram story about an event you’re currently planning
- Share Instagram stories from the live event
- Congratulate a couple you’ve worked with on their marriage
- Celebrate a couple’s one year anniversary*
*Your clients will be so touched when you remember it’s their first year anniversary!
So be sure to write down dates in a calendar and plan your content way in advance.
When we received a beautiful card and dining voucher from our wedding venue’s event coordinator, my husband and I were both so touched!
It’s one of those little add-ons that just made us feel so much.
Wedding Blog Post Ideas for Brides-to-Be
Although the following content topics were brainstormed with the bride-to-be at the heart of them, event planners could also write about these topics on their business websites.
- Create a tutorial for a DIY decoration
- Share your bands
- Share your favorite unique favor ideas
- Must-have food items you’ll be eating on your big day
- Share your unique save the date cards
- Share your invitations
- Tips for making children feel special on the day
- Share your tips for eating healthy
- Share your advice for how you’re staying stress-free planning the big day
- Create a list of self-care ideas for brides
- How you’re saving a ton of money on your event
- How you’re incorporating a pet into your big day
- Dollar store decor ideas
- Amazon wedding finds
- Talk about your theme and share a few ideas
- Share engagement photos and talk about the shoot location
- Create a bride-to-be bucket list
- How you’re planning an event for under $5,000 (whatever your budget is)
- Share makeup looks/hairstyles you tried during your consultation
- Share photos from your bridal shower to inspire others
Newly Wed Blog Post Ideas
Just married and enjoying that post-ceremony bliss?
Consider creating content around the following ideas while the event and details are still fresh in your mind!
- Share tips for new brides with photos from your big day
- Write a list of things brides-to-be should do before their big day
- Create a list of things you would have done differently
- Share your favorite event photos with tips on posing for pictures
- Tips on creating a playlist for your own wedding (I actually did this!)
- Showcase your wedding photos or book
- Write a review of the venue your big day was hosted at
- Share advice for things that are worth splurging on/items to skip
- Favorite registry items all newlyweds should know about
- Top websites/stores to create a registry
How do you write a wedding blog post?
The best event posts tell a story!
Start from the beginning of your day and work your way towards the finale.
Event photographers often do an amazing job of this.
Check out professional husband and wife photography team, Jelger and Tanja, to see how it’s done – you’ll also get to read a bit about me and my husband’s wedding day using that link 🙂
What should I put on my wedding website?
Your event website should include:
- your names and story
- members of the bridal party
- important details (time, venue, location, directions, etc.)
- guest expectations (kid-free, dress code, etc.)
- registry information
- event hashtag
If you don’t already have one, you can start a wedding website on SquareSpace now.
I hope this list of wedding blog post ideas for planners and brides-to-be has inspired you to create some fabulous new content for your business or personal blog!
I’d love to see some photos from your special day or next event, so be sure to say hello on Instagram 🙂
Wishing you a magical wedding day ahead, friend!
More ideas for business owners and bloggers: