Sharing photos with heartwarming newborn baby Instagram captions is the sweetest way to announce your baby boy or girl on social media.
Because there is no greater joy on earth than welcoming a child!
This guide to caption writing for parents features ideas for:
- writing a unique baby announcement on Instagram
- beautiful baby quotes
- trending baby caption ideas
Ready to find the perfect way to announce your little bundle of joy’s arrival?
Then let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I could earn a commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase using them.
FREE PRO BLOGGER BUNDLE
Get Paid to Blog & Post on Social Media
Get FREE blogging resources including checklists, calendars, & more. Learn how to make money online with blogging and social media!
You are subscribing to the Nikki Blogs newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
75 Heartwarming Newborn Baby Instagram Captions
Let’s cover how to write your own baby announcement before we browse the done-for-you ideas below.
Can’t wait any longer? Skip this section to find a copy and paste Instagram caption you love 🙂
How to write a unique baby announcement on Instagram
Announcing your baby on Instagram can be as simple or as detailed as you want it to be!
Four great ways to announce your little one’s birth in your own words include:
- sharing their name and measurements
- telling their birth story
- giving your friends and family a sneak peek in Instagram stories before a big reveal later
- writing a special message addressed to your baby in your caption
I kept our social media announcement really simple because I was exhausted after giving birth and waited a couple of days to post.
We shared it cross-platform from Instagram to our friends on Facebook the same day.
Here’s my second baby’s announcement on Instagram.
Since Nadia’s birth story was so crazy, I wanted to save it for a post later that month.
Here’s the image I used along with the caption I wrote.
View this post on Instagram
Writing your child’s birth story also makes a special memory for you.
I recommend writing it on your computer and then posting a condensed version of it on Instagram should you choose to share it with your friends and followers.
Instagram’s character limit is 2,200 but the full version of her birth story is 8,500 characters so I had plenty of editing to do to get it at the right sharable length.
Instagram Quotes for Babies
Read through the following quotes for newborn babies to find one that you love for your next baby post.
These are perfect for your baby announcement on Instagram as well as for posting photos and videos during your little one’s first few months of life.
- Worth the wait
- I knew I loved you before I met you
- You’ll always be my baby
- For this child, we have prayed
- After the storm comes a rainbow
- So in love already
- You are my sunshine
- You are the brightest star
- You complete me
- God knew I needed you
- Eat, sleep, nurse, repeat
- Team no sleep
- Thank you for making me a mama
- So loved
- You are our greatest adventure
- Burrito baby – perfect for a neatly swaddled newborn
- And one more makes 3 / 4 / etc.
- Player 3 has entered the game
- Sleep, little angel
- First, we had each other, then we had you, now we have everything
- I can’t wait to watch you grow into the person you’re meant to be
- Welcome, little one
- “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord” – Psalm 127:3
- Made with love
- The snuggle is real
- “For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart.” — 1 Samuel 1:27
- Your first breath took ours away
- You are my joy
- Ten tiny fingers, ten tiny toes
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the most space in our heart
- Hello world
- Tiny but mighty
- New beginnings
- Our dream came true
- I carried you inside for 9 months and I’ll hold you in my heart forever
- S/he’s here!
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars” – E.E. Cummings
- “Just when you think you know love, something little comes along to remind how big it really is”
- “And in this world, she is my world” – Pierre Jeanty
- “Of all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you”
- “You are a child of God, you are wonderfully made, dearly loved and precious in his sight” – Psalm 139
- “Sweet girl, you are more than we ever expected and better than we ever imagined”
- We can’t get enough of you, baby
- “I carried you every second of your life and I’ll love you every second of mine”
- Perfect in every way
- “Everything I want in life is right here in my arms”
- “You are proof that love before first sight does exist”
- “A baby fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty”
- Our tiny miracle
- So blessed
- “You are my today and all of my tomorrows” – Leo Christopher
- “The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts”
- You are so loved, little one
- Daddy’s Girl / Boy, Mommy’s World
- What a miracle you truly are
- A little bit of heaven here on earth
- Loved beyond measure
- “You are precious in every way, the sunshine in my day”
- “All of God’s grace in one tiny face”
- I’ll love you forever
- 9 months in, 9 weeks / months out – perfect for a photo of your bump next to one of you holding your baby
- Life is so much better with you in it
- Little brother / sister
- This is the beginning of our story
- Hello, my name is ______
- You’re all we ever wanted and more
- So tired but so happy
- Full hands, fuller hearts
- New to the crew
- Made in (country of birth) with (your heritage) parts
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above” – James 1:17
- We’re going to have to upgrade our cloud storage
- Our perfect princess / prince
How will your share your baby announcement? Which of these newborn baby Instagram captions is your favorite? Share yours in the comments below!
Be sure to say hello on Instagram 🙂 I’d love to see your new baby announcement.
Congratulations on your new arrival!
Blessed mama of two beautiful little girls. I’m a full-time blogger and social media content creator who teaches moms and boss babes how to start an online business. Follow me on social for clever ideas to make money using the platforms you already love!
More ways to make money on Instagram and online: