What should I write in my lifestyle blog?
Lifestyle blogs are a unique category that demand their own way of planning and creating new content – and this list of lifestyle blog post ideas is here to supercharge your creativity!
The best lifestyle blog topics are the ones that are written with a personal touch.
So, what are some good blog topics for lifestyle bloggers? We’ll talk about everything you need to know today!
This guide will cover:
- what is a lifestyle blog
- what do lifestyle blogs talk about
- what blog topics are most popular for lifestyle bloggers
- 231 lifestyle blog post ideas
Use these lifestyle blog ideas for inspiration in writing your next piece.
Want more ideas to blog about? Check out these trending posts:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links and I could earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you make a purchase using one. All opinions are based on my experience.
FREE PRO BLOGGER BUNDLE
Get Paid to Blog & Post on Social Media
Get FREE blogging resources including checklists, calendars, & more. Learn how to make money online with blogging and social media!
You are subscribing to the Nikki Blogs newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
What is a Lifestyle Blog?
A lifestyle blog is related to an individual way of living – blogging about a lifestyle!
Lifestyle bloggers create content inspired by their personal interests and daily lives or activities.
So, while many blogs fit into the lifestyle category, not all lifestyle blogs are the same!
The writer’s content is usually inspired by her personal life – this could be her family, home, beauty, makeup, diet, favourite recipes, fashion, decorating ideas, homemade crafts, etc.
Social media plays an incredibly important role in lifestyle blogging.
It’s incredibly important to be active on at least one or two main platforms (like Instagram or Pinterest) to run a successful lifestyle blog.
Since lifestyle blogs usually attract a larger and more diverse audience than tightly niched blogs, lifestyle bloggers also have the potential to be incredibly successful.
A lifestyle blog is not a personal blog.
Lifestyle bloggers may share personal stories but the content they create is not in a journal entry form – the focus here is on activities and interests of the writer.
Your audience will most likely find you on Google or Pinterest because they’re looking for a solution to a problem – your lifestyle and product choices offer them a way to enhance their own wellbeing.
So, how do you start a successful lifestyle blog?
Lifestyle blogs generally start off as a single niche or category blog.
However, once their reach and audiences grow, these bloggers begin creating a wider range of blog content.
For example, a fashion blogger might start off writing about seasonal trends and Amazon finds but when her audience starts asking about her fitness routine, this is the perfect opportunity to grow her expert status.
Then comes questions about her diet – her audience wants to know more about her lifestyle and finds inspiration in the way she does things.
Consequently, opportunities for paid sponsorships and business partnerships will also increase as her audience becomes broader.
When I started with Instagram and blogging, I would have never guessed I’d be posting about Febreze or photo books. But, when the money’s right and an opportunity to partner with major brands arises, it’s incredibly exciting and rewarding.
More from Nikki Blogs:
How Lifestyle Bloggers Make Money
Like more niche blogs, a lifestyle blog will also utilize popular blog monetization methods but with a special focus on:
- affiliate marketing
- sponsored posts
Consumers look to lifestyle blog authors for product recommendations, trends, and inspiration.
And the brands working with these writers LOVE organic and creative content – the right lifestyle blogger / influencer can help explode a brand’s popularity.
Lifestyle Blog Topics
Here are a few of the most popular (and profitable!) lifestyle blog categories to consider:
- Food + Drink
- Family + Parenting
- Health + Wellness
- Special events (i.e. wedding, party planning, etc.)
- Hobbies (i.e. photography, bullet journalling, etc.)
- Home Decor
- Student Life
- Current News
Successful Lifestyle Bloggers + Influencers
Below are a few wildly popular lifestyle bloggers with an amazing Instagram presence.
Fun fact: all of the ladies who made this list are also mom bosses!
The Blonde Salad: Fashion
Chiara launched her blog in 2009 and has since gone on to become one of the most successful fashion bloggers around – with 18 million Instagram followers and counting, she’s also killing it on social media!
Huda Beauty: Beauty
Huda launched her first collection of false eyelashes in 2013 (three years after starting her blog) and has since become a household name with her Huda Beauty lineup available at Sephora.
Kayla Itsines: Fitness
You might already know Kayla from the incredibly popular SWEAT app or BBG Workout Guides! This fit mom has also built an amazing community on Instagram.
Cara Loren: Fashion
Cara has collaborated with major fashion brands (and a couple of lesser known Instagram mom favourites like Fawn Design!) in addition to launching her own fashion shop.
Happy Grey Lucky: Home Decor
Sina posts beautiful ideas for Scandinavian and minimalist style decor. She’s also partnered with huge brands on Instagram for sponsored content – her travel photos are amazing.
How to Start a Lifestyle Blog
To start a successful lifestyle blog, you’ll want to do a couple of things:
1. Determine a Niche
While managing a lifestyle blog does suggest more freedom in content creation than a highly niched blog, figuring out what you want to focus on now will be incredibly rewarding in the future.
For example, maybe you want to start a healthy food blog.
Topics like exercise and natural skin care or cosmetics would fit in quite nicely with your “main topic”.
However, a random post on parenting advice or another on high fashion trends might not resonate with this audience.
Think about who you’re writing for and their interests. Browse top bloggers in your potential field and check out what categories they group together – notice which posts perform and which don’t.
2. Choose a Blog Name That’s Easy to Remember
Stick to these guidelines when choosing a name for your blog:
- Choose a .com
- Strive for 2 to 3 words
- Don’t use numbers or special characters
- Make it catchy – the best lifestyle blog names are easy to remember!
Have a name that’s easy to remember? Consider using it as your domain name!
If you do a complete 360 when it comes to your blogging niche later, there’s no need to worry about changing your blog name.
Are you super passionate and committed to your niche? Add a related keyword to your domain name.
You can see if your ideal domain name is available with Siteground’s domain name availability checker.
3. Choose the Best Hosting
There is nothing worse than a webpage that takes eternity to load!
And did you know that more than half of all mobile users will ditch a page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load?
I mean, there are billions of search results available on Google so, why wait, right?
The best tip I can offer new bloggers is to invest in quality hosting from the start – I host my blogs with Siteground.
Don’t lose potential readers because you went with cheap hosting!
I only recommend Siteground hosting for a reason…
As a mom blogger with zero tech or computer experience, I have a fully loaded page time of only 1.1 seconds – that’s 2 seconds faster than the industry standard!
Any time I have run into technical troubles, Siteground’s live chat and phone support have also been incredibly helpful – which means more time to write and no time wasted on technical stuff!
You can start a blog for $6.99 a month with Siteground using this link – that’s 60% off the regular price!
According to research, almost 70% of consumers admit page speed influences their likeliness to make a purchase – so, in this case, time really is money!
Test your own site speed using GTmetrix and make the switch to Siteground if your results aren’t cutting it!
Related: How to Start a Blog (and Actually Make Money with It!)
231 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
What should I blog about today?
With 231 lifestyle blog ideas to choose from, finding a few content ideas to write right now should be fairly easy 🙂
Want to write a series based on the ideas below? Be sure to tag #nikkiblogspostideas for a chance to be featured in my Instagram Stories!
Now, let’s get to brain storming some blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers.
Ideas for self-improvement
- Time saving life hacks
- How to get motivated to work
- Life lessons to learn before your 30’s
- Tips for staying positive
- Money saving tips
- Bad habits to break
- How to stop wasting time
- Difficult changes you’ve made in your life
- Morning routine ideas
- Why you decided to start a blog plus your progress
- Self-care ideas
- Changes you’ve made to your diet / daily activities
- Self-improvement ideas
- How to prepare for an interview
- Tips for falling asleep
- Running tips for beginners
- How to calm down after a long day
- How you found your purpose in life
- How to improve spiritual health
- Tips for better sleep
- How to enhance creativity
- How to set realistic goals
- How to become a morning person
- Habits of successful people
- How to find inspiration for writing
- Tips for spring cleaning
- Tips for mental health
- How to start a bullet journal
- How to be happy
- Tips for staying positive
- Personal changes you’ve made and how you’ve grown
- How to get more done in less time
Ideas for beauty and lifestyle bloggers
- Favourite beauty products
- Your daily beauty routine
- What beauty products you’ve ditched this year
- 5 minute makeup routine
- 15 minute makeup routine
- Day to night makeup
- Evening facial care routine
- Favourite mascaras
- Day vs night makeup routine
- Best skin care products
- Night time skin care routine
- Morning skin care routine
- No makeup makeup looks
- Extravagant beauty looks that are surprisingly easy
- Beauty hacks for beginners
- Makeup / skincare organization tips
- DIY spa day
- Beauty tutorial
- Up-do tutorial
- Beauty product review
Business, blogging + social media post ideas
- Blogging tips
- Share 10 bloggers who motivate your
- Share 10 Instagram accounts that inspire you
- Pinterest ideas that you want to recreate/your reinditions
- Gorgeous fonts for bloggers and social media mavens
- eBay tips for selling
- Tips for LinkedIn profile / Instagram / Pinterest / etc.
- Tips for beginner photography
- Tips for a business beginner
- How to use Instagram
- Tips for social media
- Tips for making money online
- Favourite sponsored content you’ve been involved in
- Favourite blogging groups
- Your favourite hashtags
- Favourite blogging books + courses
- How to avoid distractions
- Time blocking tips
- Writing tips
- The costs of running your blog
- Essential blogging tools you can’t blog without
- Advice for running a multi-author blog
- Tips for guest posting
- Your favourite Instagram posts – that you or someone else has created!
- How to start a Youtube channel
- Tips for creating Youtube content
- Favourite phone apps
- Create a roundup of your best posts
- Favourite bloggers to follow
- Your predictions about what blogging will look like in the future
- When it’s time to start a second blog
- SEO essentials
- How to do email marketing
Fashion and lifestyle blog ideas
- Favourite spring essentials
- Summer essentials
- Fall essentials
- Winter essentials
- Best mommy and me outfits
- Fashion hacks
- Work from home outfits
- Capsule wardrobe ideas
- Footwear essentials
- Show off your latest shopping haul
- Fashion trends for the season
- Day to night outfits
- Fashion trends you’re loving this year
- Amazon finds
- Maternity fashion finds
Parenting and relationships ideas
- Marriage advice
- Things you wish you knew as a new mom
- Best childhood memories
- Life before technology
- Stay at home mom routine
- Stay at home mom outfits
- How to live your best mom life
- Ideas for family days
- Best way to burp a baby
- Favourite mom groups
- How to work at home – with kids!
- Parenting essentials
- Tips for new moms
- How new parents can eat healthy on a budget/with minimal prep time
- What you wish for your children
- Advice for a healthy relationship
- How to make time for family
- Stay at home mom schedule
- Tips for working moms
- How to choose a family friendly career + ideas
- Gift guide for moms
- Gift guide for dads
- Gift guide for kids / toddlers / baby
- Life as an immigrant
- Life as a child of immigrants
- First date ideas
- Date ideas for busy parents
- Toddler meal ideas
- Toddler activities
- How to work from home – with kids!
- Gentle sleep training methods
- Tips for long distance relationships
Inspirational blog post ideas
- Favourite book of this year
- A collection of great inspirational quotes + why you love them
- Your morning routine
- Funniest memes of all time
- Inspirational social media stars/bloggers
- Your workout routine
- Your weekly routine
- Your work from home routine
- Favourite technology
- Favourite movies
- Favourite playlists
- How you’ve changed since you started blogging
- Favourite Netflix shows
- Favourite newly released movies of the year
- Monthly subscriptions you can’t live without
- A review of a subscription box you’ve tried
- Your life goals
- Favourite tech
- Your favourite Spotify playlist – Balkan friends, you’re in for a treat 😉
- Wedding planning tips
- Things you need to do before baby arrives
- 30 things you need to do before your 30’s
Wellness blog post ideas
- How to eat healthy on a budget
- How to read labels
- Workout routine
- How to stay fit
- How to spring clean your pantry
- Tips for intermittent fasting
- Healthy tips for eating
Travel blog ideas
- Favourite trip
- Travel outfits
- How to pack a suitcase for one week/month
- Top travel destinations you’ve visited
- Your travel bucket list
- Most recent road trip/holiday
- Travel essentials
- Best vacation ideas for families
- Things to do in your city
- Minimal packing ideas for travel
- Honeymoon ideas
- Babymoon ideas
- Tips for long flight – with a child!
Family life + home decor blog post ideas
- Organized home hacks
- Cleaning hacks
- Meal planning for beginners
- Kids birthday ideas/themes
- Seasonal gathering ideas
- Sample meal plans
- Sample menus
- Party planning tips
- Favourite IKEA catalogue ideas
- Best shopping rewards programs
- How to save money online shopping
- Creative DIY decor ideas
- Roundup of nursery decor ideas
- Crafts kids will love
- Classic books every family needs to read
- Classic films every family needs to watch
- Kitchen organization ideas
- Bedroom organization ideas
- Living room organization ideas
- Office organization ideas
- How to declutter your workspace
- Home improvement before and after
- Tips for downsizing
- How to buy a fixer upper home
- Dollar store organization ideas
- Safety tips for the holidays
- How to get motivated to clean
- Shopping tips for grocery savings
- Tips for seasonal savings
Food + drink blog post ideas
- Favourite coffee + recipes
- Best keto/vegan/gluten free/specific diet recipes
- Easy dessert ideas
- Slow cooker recipes
- Delicious recipes with less than 5 ingredients
- Healthy versions of traditional dishes
- Your favourite cheat meals
- Seasonal dish ideas
- How to save big time on groceries
- Potluck meal ideas
- Photography tips for food
Blog Post Ideas for Students
- Student wardrobe
- Tips for studying
- Best ways to prepare for exams
- How to write an amazing essay
- Tips for group projects
- Work at home ideas for students
- Ideas for decorating small bedroom/apartment
- How to make friends in college/university
- Advice for mature college/university students
- Tips for taking correspondence courses
- Tips for science/arts/other degree students
- How to stay healthy in college
- Tips for choosing a degree
- Best way to study
- Tips for essay writing
- Tips for staying awake during long lectures
- Tips for road test
- How to draw
- How to cite an article – APA / Chicago / etc.
- Study tips for college
Lifestyle Blog Hashtags for Instagram: 2021 Guide
Now what kind of a lifestyle blog topics list written by yours truly would be complete without an Instagram hashtags list?
Use this list of over 40 lifestyle blogger hashtags for Instagram to promote your latest entry with posts and stories. Perfect for mom bloggers, general lifestyle blogs, plus travel and home decor, all tags have high visibility ratings and a reasonable amount of competition for smaller IG accounts.
Related posts: 300+ Best Hashtags for Instagram: Niche Tags in 17 Top Categories
Get more hashtags for Instagram:
Which of these 231 lifestyle blog post ideas will you write about first? Have an ideas for a blog post that should have made this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Happy blogging, friends 🙂
Enjoyed this list on blogging? You might enjoy these other posts for mom bloggers too.