Sharing fun facts with your friends and followers is always a treat for everyone – it’s why I create Instagram stories templates regularly!
All the IG story templates you’ll find below are easy to download, fun, and FREE.
Just scroll to the category you want and either download the template directly from this post or from the original post that it’s located in 🙂
Fun & Free Instagram Stories Templates (New for 2021)
Use these Instagram story templates as a way to increase engagement from followers and friends on your stories.
Just download them all on your mobile or desktop device and start planning your upcoming content!
Clicking the images below and/or within the original posts will take you to a Dropbox link and from there, you’ll need to follow these instructions to get access to your story templates.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I could earn a commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase using them.
How to Download Stories Templates
To get your story template, do the following:
(1) Scroll down to the template you wish to download and click on that image (or the original post)
(2) The image will take you to a Dropbox link and from there, you’ll need to choose the color template you want
(3) Select the color and then navigate to the three dots at the top right-hand side of your screen
(4) Click Download
More ways to grow your Instagram:
- How to Start Blogging on Instagram (to Make Money)
- The Complete Instagram Post Checklist: What to Do Before and After Posting
- 30 Days of Instagram Photo Ideas (that You can Take at Home!)
How to Upload Stories Templates to Instagram
(1) Check that you’ve saved your template to the camera roll of your phone or a specific Instagram folder
Note: if you take a ton of photos like I do, this may save you time in the long run!
(2) Open Instagram and click the plus sign around the circle at the top left-hand corner of your screen (just like your uploading a regular Instagram story!)
(3) Click the small square to access your camera roll’s last 24 hours
(4) If you’ve saved them to a specific Instagram folder, you’ll be able to find them much quicker – especially important if you’re participating in a 30 day challenge!
Heck, you might even consider creating a separate 30 day challenge folder and saving the template and all related ideas there.
(5) Select the template you want by clicking on it
(6) That’s it – your template is there and ready to go!
How to Use Instagram Stories Templates
How to Answer Questions Yourself
You can either answer questions with text or use animated Instagram stickers to fill out your stories templates.
Simply click the Aa to start writing or choose the happy face sticker icon and select the GIF icon to search GIPHY for stickers.
Note: if you want to adjust the size or orientation of your text or stickers, be careful to pinch them so that you don’t shrink your template in the process!
This is a really annoying thing that happens sometimes when your making adjustments – the template will also sometimes come forward and hide all of the stickers you’ve placed.
So be particular when you’re prepping your template for posting.
How to Post Templates So Followers Can Answer Questions
To use templates in a way that your followers can answer questions, choose from either Instagram’s Poll or Quiz stickers.
Note: Polls work best for This or That while quizzes are fun for asking followers and friends to guess details about you, your life, and/or things you’re working on!
Blogger Instagram Stories Templates
Starting a new blog and want to share your progress?
Download these blogger stories templates to promote your new or existing blog to your followers and friends!
I’m really excited about the 30 day blog growth challenge and can’t wait to do it alongside all of you 🙂
Because supporting one another is how we grow!
30 Day Blog Growth Challenge
Download the 30 days of blog growth template to share what you’re doing to build blog traffic.
This blog growth challenge will help you:
- write 10 posts in 30 days
- improve your SEO
- grow your social media following
- learn how to use Tailwind
- grow your Pinterest profile
- improve your blog’s performance
- optimize your blog for traffic
- take your own photos
- understand your blog’s analytics
You can download the blog growth challenge using the link provided.
Use the post above with this template to grow your blog like a weed.
30 Day Blog Launch Challenge
Starting a new blog?
Keep track of your progress with this 30 day launch template.
This 30 day blog launch challenge will help you:
- Set up hosting
- Set up your blog like a pro
- Choose a blogging layout
- Create core pages like about me, contact, legal
- Write blog posts
- Set up social media accounts
- Sign up for important companion tools like Tailwind and Google
- Design key elements
- Launch a blog in just 30 days!
Use the post above with this blog launch template for best results!
Get to Know Me Story Templates
Visit this stories post to get access to dozens of get to know me templates for Instagram.
- Gif challenge
- My day in gifs
- Two versions of this or that
- Europe travel bucketlist
- Get to know me #momlife edition
- Get to know my blog
- Follow Friday templates
- What’s in my bag
All templates have alternate color options including rose gold, pink, and grey.
With This or That stories templates, you can do a variety of things including:
- answering all questions yourself at once
- asking your followers to guess your answers (with a reveal at the end)
- asking your folllowers to answer questions for themselves
You can even share them by tagging me on Instagram (I have a highlights folder filled with blank templates) or linking to this post in your stories or Instagram profile.
Music Challenge Templates
I’ve created two difficult song challenge templates – one for 365 days of the year and the other just for the holidays!
30 Days of Songs
Share your favorite tracks – new and old – when you choose from one of three different versions of this original 30 day song challenge.
Color combinations include:
- pop colors
- rose gold
Check out the original music challenge post to get the template of your choice.
The preview shown is the pop color edition.
25 Days of Christmas Songs
Choose from one of two different versions of the Christmas music challenge!
This Christmas songs template is available in two different color themes including:
- festive red and green
- rose gold
The preview shown here is the rose gold version.
You can find the Christmas music template here and download all of the other 12 Christmas stories templates at the same time 🙂
Fall and Halloween Stories Templates
Stay tuned for Halloween and Fall templates coming soon!
Scheduled release is Thursday, September 16th.
Visit the original 12 days of fun Christmas templates for Instagram to download all of your favorites!
- Christmas music challenge
- Holiday Gif challenge
- This or that (Holiday edition)
- This or that (Holiday food)
- Seasonal to do lists
- Decorate the tree
- Countdown to Christmas
- December photo challenge
- Wish list
- Photo memories template
- Recipes template
The template preview here is the Christmas gif challenge.
Loving these templates?
Tag me on Instagram so I can share how you’re using them in my stories!
I love to share and promote fellow bloggers’ content with my audience.
Enjoying these Instagram stories templates?
Be sure to tag me on Instagram stories so I can see your answers!
Have an idea for a template you want to do next? Say hi in the comments below with your idea!
Happy Instagramming, friend 🙂
Blessed mama of two beautiful little girls. I’m a full-time blogger and social media content creator who teaches moms and boss babes how to start an online business. Follow me on social for clever ideas to make money using the platforms you already love!
More Ideas for Instagram:
- How to Become an Instagram Mom Influencer
- How to Get 1,000 REAL Instagram Followers in 30 Days
- This is How to Find the Best Time to Post on IG (7 Days a Week)